Do you look after a relative, friend or neighbour who couldn’t manage without your help? If you provide unpaid support to a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems, you are a carer. You might feel that you are doing what anyone else would in your situation; looking after your mum, son, or best friend and just getting on with it but there is support available for you.

More information can be found on the Carers Support website.

It is very useful for us to know if you are a carer, or if you have a carer so that we can ensure you get the support you need. Just let a receptionist know and we will add it to your medical record. Please contact the practice or Carers Support Service on 0300 028 8888 for more information and advice.